What Is Hypnotherapy?
What Is Hypnotherapy?
I will use relaxation techniques to help you reach a state where the conscious part of your mind is relaxed and the subconscious part of your mind is more open to suggestion.
Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939) was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis. Freud believed that the mind is made up of three sections.
- The preconscious mind contains anything that could be brought to the conscious mind.
- The conscious mind contains all of our thoughts, feelings, memories and wishes that we are aware of at any given time.
- The Unconscious mind is where our thoughts, memories, feelings and urges are stored and we are unaware of them working. A lot of the contents of our subconscious mind are unpleasant or unnecessary, such as addictions, anxieties and low self esteem.
Unlike many other psychological therapies, hypnotherapy is widely considered to be a fast and effective approach to achieving beneficial change.
What Is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a state of relaxation and heightened awareness induced by suggestion
• Hypnosis, which is a totally natural phenomenon, is very pleasant and relaxing. Under hypnosis people can converse very easily and it is impossible for them to come to any harm. The centuries old technique of hypnosis is being used increasingly as a supplement to orthodox medicine.
• It has and continues to prove to be a valuable alternative to drugs for anesthesia and has been found to accelerate healing, accelerate learning, relieve stress, control pain and increase performance. Many athletes and sports teams use hypnosis when they are "in the zone" and hypnotherapy to improve confidence.
• All hypnosis is self-hypnosis and a hypnotist is merely a facilitator who uses techniques to help clients into hypnosis. The hypnotherapist then uses suggestion techniques to facilitate a positive change in the unconscious mind.
• It is for this reason that nobody could be hypnotised against their will. In order for any hypnotherapist or stage hypnotist to hypnotise another person full co-operation is required at all times.
What Is Neuroplasticity?
Neuroplasticity is the brains ability to change throughout an individuals life. Many aspects of the brain can be altered, even through adulthood, however, a developing brain has a greater ability to change.
Hypnotherapists use the brains plasticity to suggest change at a subconscious level and have been doing so for hundreds of years.
Now thanks to modern technology we can understand how this works and why hypnotherapy is so successful.
Book your free call back to discuss your needs, so that Neil will be able to create your personalised hypnotherapy plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are You Waiting For? Let’s Improve YOUR LIFE!